1/5 Photos of Homemade Beef Jerky
Cindy in PA.'s Note:
This is excellent beef jerky and worth the wait! Less expensive than store bought and tastes better. Double the recipe next time and experiment with different spices you like!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs london broil beef or 4 lbs flank steaks
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper, more if you like it hot
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Frank's red hot sauce
- 1Trim all fat off meat.
- 2Cut steak in to 4 inch strips.
- 3The steak should be about 1/2 inch thick.
- 4It's easier to cut meat partially frozen.
- 5Pound meat lightly, you don't want it too thin.
- 6Add all ingredients in a large bowl.
- 7Mix well.
- 8Cover and refrigerate overnight (8 hrs).
- 9Line cookie sheets with tin foil.
- 10Place steak strips on sheets, don't overlap meat.
- 11Set oven at lowest temperature. (150-175°F).
- 12Bake six hours, turning after three hours.
- 13Jerky is done when meat is dried out, depending on your oven.
- 14Worth the wait!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Beef Jerky
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 15
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 203.3
- Calories from Fat 79
- Total Fat 8.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 628.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 26.4 g