Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
What a find! For dietary reasons, using purchased bouillon cubes are not an option for me. This is from Angela Papaiz who contributed to the Brazilian Children's Fund Cookbook. Prep time depends on how fast you chop. LOL I will over estimate on my timing.
- 709.77 ml celery, minced
- 709.77 ml carrots, minced
- 2 onions, minced
- 29.58 ml salt
- 226.79 g ground beef
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan without any liquid.
- Cook over very low heat, covered, for 1 hour.
- Place contents into a blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour into ice cube trays and freeze.
- Use a cube of bouillon to enhance the flavor of gravy or soup.
I have made this a lot. I am finally reviewing it. This really iust amazingly simple and useful. It really adds a lot of flavor to every thing I cook with it. 10,000,000 times better than any store bought bouillon you can buy! Plus no MSG! I do Reduce the salt by half though. Even that is a touch salty. I might try 1/2 tbs. next time. Thanks!
This is a great find. I omitted the salt because I felt the carrots had enough to compensate. Another step for a low salt diet. I use the cubes when I don't have low salt bouillon cubes. Thanks GinnyP for this recipe.
THANK YOU.. this was a great find for me..and I love being able to control what is in our food...