Recipe by Delete Account
Grandma first introduced this to me, as with everything else I improvised on it. Feel free to substitute beef with half beef/half Italian sausage. In addition, you may substitute the Velveeta with mozzarella if desired.
- 1 (12 ounce) boxof large elbow macaroni (Normal size may be used as well)
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1 (15 ounce) jar Ragu pizza sauce, chunky garden combination sauce
- 10 slices Velveeta cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 small onion (chopped fine)
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomatoes (seasoned with basic and or or roasted garlic)
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (ground)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium to large skillet, combine beef, onions and steak seasoning. Cook until brown over medium heat.
- Concurrently, cook noodles according to the box directions in large pot with butter or olive oil to help prevent sticking and to add taste; Drain and return to pot.
- Place cooked beef mix in large pot with noodles. Add remaining ingredients except for cheese slices to the same pot. Mix well and heat on low to medium-low until sauce is hot.
- Pour mixture into a 9x13 baking dish and level.
- Lay cheese slices over top of mixture so that entire dish is covered with a slice of cheese. Cut cheese slices in half to fill in the end and center portions of the baking dish.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes, ensuring cheese is melted.
- Serve as square portions with salad and/or garlic bread if desired.