1/2 Photos of Homemade Beanie Weenies
True Texas's Note:
My sons loved this dish when they were young and the oldest one still does. It's a quick fix for a busy week night or weekend. What I love about them you can add more beans or franks. You might want to add a little brown sugar or even barbeque sauce, but this is the way I make them everytime.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (28 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (12 ounce) package franks, cut in 1/2 pieces (winnies)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt & pepper
- 1In a dutch oven heat oil. Add chopped onions and cook until they are tender.
- 2Add winnies that have been chopped up in 1/2 pieces. Let them brown.
- 3Add your beans and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- 4This recipes can always be doubled, or just adjust by adding another can of pork 'n beans or more winnies.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Beanie Weenies
Serving Size: 1 (291 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 448.1
- Calories from Fat 216
- Total Fat 24.0 g
- Saturated Fat 7.9 g
- Cholesterol 35.8 mg
- Sodium 1938.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 9.6 g
- Protein 17.3 g