Recipe by True Texas
My sons loved this dish when they were young and the oldest one still does. It's a quick fix for a busy week night or weekend. What I love about them you can add more beans or franks. You might want to add a little brown sugar or even barbeque sauce, but this is the way I make them everytime.
Top Review by Chef_Rese
I have to be honest and say the only reason I am not giving this 5 stars is because I really don't like it. BUT, my husband and son LOVE it!! If I make this for them, they are in hog heaven...must be something about Texas men! Anyway, it is a very easy recipe and well liked by all men...at least the ones we have served this too. They take this on camping/hunting/fishing trips, and request it often at home.
- 1 (28 ounce) can ranch style beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pork and beans
- 1 (12 ounce) package franks, cut in 1/2 pieces (winnies)
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven heat oil. Add chopped onions and cook until they are tender.
- Add winnies that have been chopped up in 1/2 pieces. Let them brown.
- Add your beans and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- This recipes can always be doubled, or just adjust by adding another can of pork 'n beans or more winnies.