Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 mins
A simple, delicious appetizer that can be changed up so easily. This recipe has shrimp. It is also wonderful with boneless spareribs, chicken and especially scallops. The secret is the easy no cook sauce. You will not be sorry. You may never by jarred barbecue sauce again.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons nance's sharp & creamy prepared mustard
- garlic powder (to taste)
- onion powder (to taste)
- 1 lb extra large shrimp (peeled)
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp.
- Place in ziploc bag.
- Add shrimp & toss.
- Heat skillet and put sauce & shrimp in skillet & cook until done. (4-5 minutes).
- I like to make extra sauce for dipping. Put in microwaveable bowl and heat until warm.
This was very good!! My DH is in AZ so I made this as a meal for myself since he doesn't like shrimp. Only change I would make is to half or omit the hot sauce; personal preference I can't handle heat. Made for Spring 2009 PAC.