Prep 10 mins
Cook 1008 hrs
I found this recipe on another website. My parents tried it and said that it is very good! My husband is going to start his wine tonight!!!
- 1⁄4 ounce active dry yeast
- 4 cups sugar
- 12 ounces frozen juice concentrate, any flavor except citrus, thawed
- 3 1⁄2 quarts cold water
- Combine the yeast, sugar and juice concentrate in a sterile gallon jug. Fill the jug the rest of the way with cold water. Shake jug to mix ingredients.
- Rinse out a balloon, and fit it over the opening of the jug. Poke one small needle hole in balloon. Secure the balloon with a rubber band.
- Place jug in a cool dark place. Within a day you will notice the balloon starting to expand. As the sugar turns to alcohol, the gasses released will fill up the balloon. When the balloon is deflated back to size; the wine is ready to drink. It takes about 6 weeks.
- Be sure to siphon off the top and/or strain through a coffee filter. You DO NOT want to drink the residue in the bottom of the gallon jug.
- This wine is great for cooking as well as drinking. We tried grape juice concentrate, but the original recipe preferred the red.