1/9 Photos of Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Cheryl Gero's Note:
This is a very easy recipe that my mom used to make when i was growing up-you can change the types of cheese to add a different flavor too. I like it spicy !
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease or spray with non-stick cooking spray a casserole dish.
- 2Melt butter in medium saucepan.
- 3When melted, add flour, stirring constantly for about 1 minute (until butter is absorbed).
- 4Whisk in hot milk, cook for 3 minutes (stirring constantly).
- 5Add 1 cup each of the cheeses, and stir until smooth.
- 6Cook macaroni, drain, rinse under cold water, and drain again.
- 7Combine everything together and pour into casserole dish.
- 8Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top, and bake at 400Ffor 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Baked Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 494.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 51.3 mg
- Sodium 241.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 63.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 18.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: