Recipe by LifeIsGood
This tastes just like the store-bought version. I make it every year, before Christmas, to give as gifts (and of course to keep some for ourselves!). It ends up being less expensive than buying from the store AND you get to say that you made it yourself! :) *Note about raw eggs: Even though pasteurized and refrigerated eggs are typically safe, there can never be a guarantee that an egg is free from salmonella. One reviewer said she skipped the eggs in this recipe and it still tasted great. I haven't tried it that way yet, but that could be an option. You can find detailed information on the cdc website, etc...
Top Review by Eldeevee
I also make this every Christmas season however the recipe that I have uses coconut extract instead of the vanilla. I also forgot to use eggs in it once and felt that it tastes better so I now make it that way. We had a taste test many years ago and felt that the commercial brand tastes very "chemical like" and enjoy our own much better.
- 1 cup whiskey
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coffee creamer (liquid type, such as half and half)
- 1 (14 ounce) can Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Hersheys Chocolate Syrup
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour the whiskey into a blender and start adding ingredients, one by one, blending after each addition. Blend well.
- Pour into your desired container(s) and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- (I would throw it out at the 2 week point - but ours never last that long!).