Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A winner from Emeril Live!
Make and share this Homemade Bagel Chips & Creamy Garlic & Vegetable Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 4 plain bagels
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Emeril's Original Essence (Creole seasoning)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Creamy Garlic and Vegetable Spread
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 ounces sun-dried tomatoes, softened in hot water, drained and chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped black olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- salt, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 300*F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- With a sharp knife, very carefully slice the bagels one at a time as thinly as possible, for 8 to 10 thin slices per bagel. Spread in 1 layer on the prepared sheets.
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. When oil starts to get warm, about 1 minute, remove from the heat and add the garlic and Essence. Let sit until the garlic perfumes the oil, about 10 minutes. Remove the garlic from the oil.
- With a pastry brush, lightly brush the oil on the bagel chips. Bake until golden brown. Turn and bake on the second side until just crisp, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on wire racks.
- To serve, arrange the bagel chips on a platter with the creamy garlic and vegetable spread.
- Emeril's Essence:.
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly and store in an airtight jar or container. Yield: about 2/3 cup
- Creamy Garlic and Vegetable Spread:.
- In a bowl, cream together the cream cheese and sour cream. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well. Adjust the seasoning, to taste.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Bring to room temperature before serving. (The spread will keep for 3 days refrigerated.)
- Yield: about 1 1/4 cups.
5 Stars for the veg. spread. Can't rate the others; I bought bagel chips and reduced the Essence to 1/2 of the spices and used 1/2 cup olive oil. I spread the Essence on each bagel and baked for 2 minutes. This is yummy!! Will be a hit this weekend. Thanks, Sharon. Update: Definitely a hit with even our picky 42 year old son! Had to divide between the 2 families for them to take what little was left. Am E-Mailing your recipe to them. Thanks again, Sharon. Toni in Colorado