Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a cheap alternative to store bought baby wipes. It takes a very little amount of time and effort to make and use. You control the ingredients.
- Saw the paper towels in half lengthwise with a serrated kitchen knife (not your best one ... this can't be "good" for it). Mix the hot water and following ingredients:
- Put the half roll in a plastic container that has a lid, Tupperware-type, empty roll-type baby wipe container, etc.
- Shredded side down -- I pick as much of the shredded paper off as I can -- otherwise you leave "lint balls" on your baby's bum.
- Pour the water solution over the roll.
- (Don't worry about the cardboard tube.) Let sit about 5 minutes, then turn upside down for 5 more minutes to saturate the roll.
- Now the cardboard tube will pull out easily.
- Pull a "wipe" from the center.
- I make one roll at a time and wash the container well between uses. (Note: Mold can be an issue. Suggestions include using Johnson & Johnson soap or 4 drops of tea tree oil to inhibit mold.)