Recipe by XxXxkittykat
This is 10x better then the stuff bought in the store. It takes a while to make, but the end result is well worth it. I love this warm as a dessert after dinner. This homemade applesauce also makes a great gift!
Top Review by Charlie Rush
Homemade applesauce is 'more' than worth the effort. I used apple cider in place of water, honey in place of sugar and added some vanilla, which makes it creamier. The chunky texture is perfect.
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel, and core apples.
- Slice into thin quarters.
- With apple juice and water, cook in a sauce pan over low heat for 20 minutes or until the apple become soft.
- After the apples become soft, slightly mash.
- Add cinnamon and sugar (or more to taste).
- Enjoy after all your hard work!