1/3 Photos of Homemade Applesauce
Good basic applesauce. Add some red-hots (cinnamon hearts candy) to boost the flavour and the colour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Core apples and cut into eighths.
- 2Peel if desired; it's not necessary.
- 3Place in large, heavy pot with the lemon slices, cinnamon sticks and water.
- 4Cover and bring to a boil.
- 5Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often.
- 6Cook until apples are soft, 15 minutes or so.
- 7Remove lemon and cinnamon; stir in sugar.
- 8Put mixture into food processor and pulse until smooth.
- 9Taste and add more sugar if you like.
- 10Store in the refrigerator.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Applesauce
Serving Size: 1 (2752 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.8
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 6.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 81.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.4 g
- Sugars 63.1 g
- Protein 1.3 g