1/1 Photo of Homemade Apple Jam Bread
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Delicious apple jam bread recipe – and so easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a mixing bowl combine flour, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix for 1 minute. Next add water and half of the beaten egg. Mix. Add butter and mix until combined. Knead by hand until smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- 2Cover the dough and let it rise in a warm place for about 30 minutes. After that, punch the dough down and make a large round ball and allow it to rise for 10 minutes longer.
- 3Now take out the dough ball and roll it out with a rolling pin until you have roughly a 12 x10 inch rectangle that is about 1/4 inch thick.
- 4Place the apple jam across the dough. I used homemade apple jam but store bought is fine. Spread it across the surface of the dough but leave about a 1 inch border around the entire rectangle – so the jam doesn’t ooze out. Roll the dough up into a log. Cut the log into 7 equal slices using a sharp knife.
- 5Place the dough slices in a greased baking pan. I staggered them, placing the cut sides beside each other and shaped the dough into a wheat stalk shape. I’ve done this in the photo above.
- 6Allow to rise for 10 minutes. Next brush the remaining beaten egg over the top of the bread.
- 7Bake at 200 C for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Apple Jam Bread
Serving Size: 1 (174 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 486.2
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 59.8 mg
- Sodium 950.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 10.3 g