Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The best way I have found to get rid of ants both inside and out is the following recipe:
Make and share this Homemade Ant Killer recipe from Food.com.
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan and bring to the boil (while stirring).
- Boil for 3 minutes.
- Using the plastic lids from milk containers place it in the effected room or outside where the ants are.
- They will find the sticky liquid no matter where it is placed.
- The ants eat this and then take it back to their nest.
- Before long there will be no more ants as this mixture will kill them.
- Store remainder in clearly labeled container with "Do NOT Eat" so noone mistakes this for syrup as this is poisionous.
Ater several black ants were seen in our living room, I made this formula and watched hundreds of them slurp it up all day, running back and forth to their nest under the baseboard at the foot of the stairs leading to our 2nd level. It has now been 2 days without seeing anymore ants. The best thing is that they take it back to the nest to kill the rest of the family before they do more damage where it can't be seen!
After trying oatmeal (they came back the next day -more of them than ever!), I tried this. After 24 hours, there were significantly fewer ants. Here it is the 2nd day, and only 2 were spotted. I started out with 3 dishes. Now I have one out. This stuff does dry out as it is sitting and ants are feasting, so replace every day. For this reason, next time I'll cut the recipe in half, and use a little less sugar to water ratio.