Prep 15 mins
Cook 840 hrs
Anisette is a clear, sweet liqueur made with anise seeds which give it a strong licorice flavor. This recipe is dedicated to my friend Mom2Rose, in honor of National Anisette Day on July 2. Cooking time includes 4 weeks of soaking and 1 week of settling.
- Place aniseed, fennel seed, and coriander in a bowl.
- Grind all the seeds using the back of a spoon.
- Add the ground seeds to the brandy.
- Allow the mixture to soak for 4 weeks and then strain out the seeds.
- Allow the haze to settle for a week then pour off the sediment.
- Add the simple syrup and shake.
- To Make Simple Syrup: Add 1 part water to 2 parts sugar.
- Combine sugar and water in a saucepan.
- Slowly heat over a medium heat, stirring occasionally. Keep below boiling.
- The syrup is finished once the sugar is dissolved.