Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep1 hr 30 mins
A childhood treat that can be enjoyed by the young and the young at heart alike.
Make and share this Homemade Animal Crackers recipe from Food.com.
- Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and combine well.
- Mix in the cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- Finally, add in the baking powder, oats, flour, and optional cocoa powder. Cocoa powder should be subbed for flour. Simply add the powder to your measuring cup and then fill the rest of the way up with flour.
- Mix it up good and form into a ball. Store in the fridge for a minimum of one hour and up to overnight.
- When ready, pull dough from fridge, grab off a hunk and roll it out to 1/4" thick.
- Cut out crackers and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- Bake for 5-7 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.