1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Mommie Cooks's Note:
A childhood treat that can be enjoyed by the young and the young at heart alike.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cream together the butter and brown sugar.
- 2Add in the egg and vanilla and combine well.
- 3Mix in the cinnamon, allspice, and salt.
- 4Finally, add in the baking powder, oats, flour, and optional cocoa powder. Cocoa powder should be subbed for flour. Simply add the powder to your measuring cup and then fill the rest of the way up with flour.
- 5Mix it up good and form into a ball. Store in the fridge for a minimum of one hour and up to overnight.
- 6When ready, pull dough from fridge, grab off a hunk and roll it out to 1/4" thick.
- 7Cut out crackers and place on a cookie sheet lined with parchment.
- 8Bake for 5-7 minutes in an oven preheated to 350 degrees.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Animal Crackers
Serving Size: 1 (112 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 454.9
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.6 mg
- Sodium 267.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 6.7 g