Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
You can add any kind of topping to this moist angel food cake. This is easy to make and very delicious!
- Sift flour and confectioners' sugar together, twice, set aside.
- In mixing bowl, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt on medium until soft peaks form, add vanilla.
- Gradually beat in sugar, about 2 tblsp.
- at a time, until stiff peaks form, scraping bowl occasionally, gradually fold in flour mixture, about 1/2 cup at a time.
- Pour into ungreased 10 in.
- tube pan, bake at 325 degrees for 50-60 mins.
- or until lightly browned and entire top appears dry.
- Immediately invert cake pan onto a wire rack, cool completely, about 1 hour.