Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 236.59 ml light Karo syrup
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml vodka
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 14.79-22.18 ml almond extract
- 118.29 ml whole almond
- Place the Karo syrup and sugar in a saucepan and dissolve together over medium heat until well combined.
- Cool about 15 minutes.
- Add the rest of the ingredients, stirring well.
- Pour into a jar or bottle and let sit for about 2 weeks in a dark spot until well blended.
This came out great. i gave it out as Christmas gifts and everyone loved it. Thanks so much. I used light and dark syrup and it came out good either way.
I'm giving this four-stars because it's SO easy, but am seriously BUMMED because I have to wait two (long) weeks to try it! :-) I think I'll live! I used slivered almonds (it's what I have in the cupboard), and am thinking when the "juice" is gone, I'll dry the almonds and have something very delicious to either munch on OR chop and add to something else--cookies, cake, salad. Hmmm! I had to use a bit of dark Karo (ran out of light), but don't think that should affect the liqueur -- other than maybe a richer flavor. I'll let you know IN TWO WEEKS!!!