1/1 Photo of Homemade Almond Milk and Almond Flour
2 hrs 5 mins
This is so much healthier and cheaper than purchasing the almond milk from the store, which is loaded with preservatives (yes, even that organic kind!). It's cheaper to make your own because you get two products (milk and flour) for just the price of a bag of almonds!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1FOR THE MILK: Soak the almonds for 6-8 hours. This helps remove the brown layering, which is an "anti-nutrient".
- 2Drain and rinse almonds.
- 3In a blender, blend 1 cup almonds with 3 cups of water for 30 seconds on high (for every 1 cup of almonds, blend it with 3 cups of water if doing this in batches).
- 4Strain the mixture through a large cheesecloth and into a pitcher. Squeeze out as much milk from the pulp as you can. Save the pulp!
- 5Pour mixture back into blender if using a sweetener. Blend the milk on high for another 15 seconds with a sweetener of your choice (I use honey or raw dates). Refrigerate. Keep in mind the milk will separate. Don't be alarmed, just stir it before use.
- 6Note: If you don't like plain almond milk, pour 1 cup of milk in a blender with one banana for a tasty smoothie!
- 7FOR THE ALMOND FLOUR: Spread the saved almond pulp evenly onto an ungreased baking sheet. Dry it in the oven for 2 hours at 200 degrees F, or until dry. Be careful not to bake it! Every 30 minutes I sift it around with a fork so that it dries evenly.
- 8Once the pulp is dried, scoop it into blender and grind for about 30 seconds until it's a fine flour.
- 9Dump your almond flour into a container with a tight-fitting lid and store away at room temperature. I use this flour to make muffins and have kept it around for at least 2 months.
Browse Our Top Nuts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Almond Milk and Almond Flour
Serving Size: 1 (429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1644.5
- Calories from Fat 1272
- Total Fat 141.3 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 34.8 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 60.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: