Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Very easy to make,and delicous!
Make and share this Homemade Almond Bark! recipe from Food.com.
- In 2 quart heavy saucepan,Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, and salt.
- Cook,stirring constantly until sugar dissolves& mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook without stirring to soft ball stage (234).
- Remove from heat& add butter, do not stir.
- Let cool til lukewarm,& add vanilla.
- Beat until mixture thickens& spread is creamy.
- Add the toasted almonds.
- Spread about 1/2 inch thick on wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Let cool before break into pieces.
I made this as directed using my candy thermometer and followed directions exactly, Unfortunately it didnt set up, It had a lovely sweet taste to it and I ended up putting it back in the pot and got an Almond brittly fudge type stuff which I will salvage in some way as I hate wastage. Maybe it just wasnt my day ;)
Came across this recipe while looking for an alternative to the almond bark candy coating found at the local supermarkets, which have artificial flavorings. I was looking to use the candy for dipping pretzel rods. While I have not had a chance to try that particular endeavor, I have made the candy (without the almonds), and must say that it is quite yummy. My girls have tried nibbles of it as well and their faces light up when they taste it. It actually tastes like ice cream, believe it or not. Great treat!