Recipe by Ocean~Ivy
Very easy to make,and delicous!
Top Review by dizzydi
I made this as directed using my candy thermometer and followed directions exactly, Unfortunately it didnt set up, It had a lovely sweet taste to it and I ended up putting it back in the pot and got an Almond brittly fudge type stuff which I will salvage in some way as I hate wastage. Maybe it just wasnt my day ;)
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup unblanched almonds, toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2 quart heavy saucepan,Combine sugar, milk, corn syrup, and salt.
- Cook,stirring constantly until sugar dissolves& mixture comes to a boil.
- Cook without stirring to soft ball stage (234).
- Remove from heat& add butter, do not stir.
- Let cool til lukewarm,& add vanilla.
- Beat until mixture thickens& spread is creamy.
- Add the toasted almonds.
- Spread about 1/2 inch thick on wax paper lined baking sheet.
- Let cool before break into pieces.