Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A recipe from Fast Fix Family Food Better Homes and Gardens cookbook. In the description it's written : A little cornstarch in this sauce keeps it from curdling after it thaws and helps it reheat to a nice, creamy consistency - perfect for pasta!
- 1 1⁄4 cups whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced (4 cloves)
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- hot cooked pasta
- In a medium bowl, stir together the cream, broth, cornstarch, pepper, and nutmeg; set aside. In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir for 30 seconds. Add broth mixture; cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Stir in cheese.
- Serve immediately or divide mixture among 1/2-cup airtight containers. Cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator before using. To serve, place desired amount of sauce in a saucepan; heat just to boiling. Serve over hot cooked pasta. Makes 2 1/2 cups.
I thought this was a little bland so I doubled the pepper & added 1/2 tsp of salt. I'm not a big fan of garlic so I did reduce the amount used. Served over yolk-free wheat egg noodles. Made for Ramadan Tag 2010
I used this Alfredo Sauce to make Annacia's Salmon-Sauced Pasta and it turned out wonderfuly. Thanks for sharing your recipe.
I made this exactly as posted, and served this up to 3 teenage boys and myself. I loved how easy this was to make, and I love that it can be frozen for future use (haven't done that yet!). The overall consensus was that I should have reduced the nutmeg, and that it was a little bit runny. I'd like to give it 4 1/2 stars....I didn't mind the nutmeg, but thought the sauce should have been thicker. A easy fix! Overall, the taste is very good. Thanks for sharing!