1 hr 10 mins
This seems to be a very simple recipe for making beer. It takes about 4 weeks total until it's ready. Some reviewers (although they have not made 'this' recipe, have offered some very helpful tips and is worth reading). Put here for safe-keeping.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large, non-reactive stock pot, add malt syrup and water. Add hops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and boil for 1 hour, stirring often.
- 2Cool then strain the hop mixture through a funnel, into a sterilized 7 gallon fermenting tank NOTE: I don't know what a fermenting tank is, but I would guess a ceramic or glass jug (like a milk jug) with a cork or rubber seal.
- 3Add the water and yeast. Seal the top with a stopper. Ferment for 1 1/2 weeks.
- 4Strain the beer. Bottle and age for another 2 to 3 weeks.
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Homemade Ale
Serving Size: 1 (9830 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 371.1
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 136.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 81.4 g
- Protein 8.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: