Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a is a rich and creamy liqueur. Found this on the web-tender. Normally made from eggs, sugar and brandy. Variations: Substitute 1/4 to 1/2 cup brandy or 1 cup of rum for same volume of vodka. Do try a flavored vodka or rum. Traditional way to serve it is in a wide glass with whipped cream and cocoa powder sprinkled on top. The Snowball is a very popular drink made with it!
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup vanilla vodka or 1 cup vodka
- 5 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- Blend all ingredients in a blender for 30 seconds until they are mixed well.
- Pour into container, cap and refrigerate. Let it age for 1 to 2 weeks to mellow.
- The color will intensify as it ages, reaching a more traditional light shade of yellow.
I may as well rate this since I made it to make Mary Winecoff's Devil's Advocaat. Wonderful! Thank you, Rita!
Very rich and creamy and easy to do. I let this sit in the refrigerator for 10 days before I used it. Loved it! There are many good recipes on 'Zaar using this. Made for Beverage Tag.