Recipe by Roxanne J.R.
I have seen this recipe on a few blogs on the net. I cut down the recipe and tried it. Wow, the are addictive and so chocolaty good but not as light and fluffy as the real candy bar.
- 2 1⁄2 cups chocolate chips, good quality
- 12 ounces Cool Whip
- candy chocolate-flavored candy coating, for dipping
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave or over a double boiler just until the chocolate is melted.
- Fold the melted chocolate into the whipped topping with a rubber spatula and mix until the chocolate is incorporated.
- Pour chocolate into a wax paper lined 9x9 inch pan, spread evenly and freeze until set.
- Cut out desired shapes after mixture is set and place cut chocolates onto a baking sheet lined with wax paper and freeze again.
- OR rather than cutting the chocolates into shapes just freeze the chocolate mixture for a half hour and then use a cookie scoop to scoop out chocolates and freeze them on the wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- Melt coating chocolate and dip to coat and place back on wax paper to set.
- Drizzle chocolates with additional chocolate to decorate if desired and allow to set before serving.