Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
From "Tightwad Gazette"
- 3 tablespoons unflavored gelatin (3 packets)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup cold water with gelatin in big bowl and set aside.
- Let bloom for 5-10 minutes.
- In pan, mix sugar, corn syrup and 1/4 cup water. Boil 1 minute.
- Pour sugar mix into gelatin mix and mix very hard for 12-15 minutes.
- Add salt and vanilla.
- Scrape into oiled cookie pan.
- Let set for a few hours until very firm to the touch. Cut into squares.
Followed recipe exactly and turned out wonderfully! They are so delicious!