Recipe by startnover
I've had this recipe since I was a little girl and have adjusted it to fit me. I've never come across a recipe like it.
Top Review by MarieRynr
I have to confess that these did not turn out for me at all. They were far too chewy and they stuck to the pan, even though I had buttered it really well. In trying to scoop them off the cookie sheet they tore into shreds. I used margarine as recommended. I probably wouldn't make these again. Sorry.
- 1 cup shortening (I use margarine)
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 1 -2 cup chocolate-covered raisins
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix shortening and sugar.
- Mix eggs, salt, vanilla, and beat until fluffy.
- Dissolve soda in boiling water, then mix into egg mixture (this might have a curdled look and thats normal).
- Add flour and oats.
- Mix in raisins.
- Drop onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° 10 minutes, do not over bake.