Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Tweaked a bunch of recipes to find our perfect version of a cold morning treat.
Make and share this Homefried Funnel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- Beat eggs.
- Add milk and sugar to eggs.
- Add vanilla to egg mixture and blend well.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add in batches to egg mixture. Blend until smooth. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- In large cast iron skillet, heat 1 inch of oil slowly, to about 360 degrees. Test heat by dropping one teaspoon of batter and when it quickly bubbles, the oil is hot enough. After the first batch you may have to turn the heat down a bit,.
- Drizzle batter in small patterns, until the pan is 3/4 covered with batter. Don't cover the whole pan, it makes it too hard to turn the funnel cake over.
- When the bottom of the funnel cake is slightly brown, (about 2 minutes) turn the funnel cake over and cook 1 more minute.
- Remove from pan with tongs and drain on paper towels or cooling rack.
- Combine the topping sugars and immediately sprinkle generously over funnel cake.