- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 lb sifted confectioners' sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter, salt, and vanilla, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar gradually, beating after each addition.
- Add 3 tablespoons milk, beating until smooth. Beat in more milk until desired spreading consistency is reached.
- Makes about 2 1/3 cups of frosting, enough to frost tops and sides of of an 8-inch 2-layer cake or a 10-inch tube or bundt cake, or about 1 dozen cupcakes.