Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
An excellent pot luck or OAMC recipe that I got from a friend at a pot luck dinner several years ago. Serves 25 or more and freezes well. Good served as a side dish with hamburgers, meat loaf, pork chops or hot dogs. A nice combination of green beans, wax beans, lima beans, and pork and beans. Substitute rinsed and drained chick peas or garbanzo beans or any other beans you like. Add some crispy bacon bits to the casserole or serve bacon bits and grated cheddar cheese to top individual servings.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1 (14 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can wax beans, drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can lima beans, drained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- In large Dutch oven, brown beef over medium high heat, stirring to keep broken up. Drain excess fat.
- Add onion and celery and cook until tender.
- Stir in tomato soup, tomato paste, ketchup. Simmer 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spoon into a large roasting pan.
- Add green beans, wax beans, lima beans, pork and beans, brown sugar and mustard. Stir well. (Freeze in smaller containers now for baking at a later date.).
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour, stirring occasionally.
This was one of the few recipes I made using canned green beans, not to mention Lima beans, that I thoroughly enjoyed! Followed your recipe right on down then divided it, half to freeze & the other half to share at a neighborhood gathering! Great flavor combo & a nice keeper of a recipe! Thanks for posting it! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]