Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr
A very simple yet warm, rich and tasty soup.
- 1⁄2 small cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium potatoes, cubed
- 2 small onions, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut to 1/2 inch squares
- 1 large tomatoes, cubed
- 1 celery root, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup celery leaves, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dill, finely chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons quick oats (Quaker goes well)
- 2 liters boiling water
- Saute onions in oil until transparent.
- Add carrot, mix well, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Add potatoes, celery root and tomatoes, whisk in 1 teaspoons of salt and the pepper and saute for 5 more minutes.
- Add garlic and cabbage, saute for 2 more minutes.
- Pour boiling water, bring to boil together, cover and simmer for quarter an hour.
- Add oats, parsley, dill, celery leaves and 3/4 of the red pepper, cover and simmer for quarter an hour more.
- Add the remaining red pepper and salt, mix well and simmer under cover for 20 more minutes.
- Serve with sour cream.