Recipe by Boca Pat
This was on a can of Hunt's tomatoes and it sounded good, so I tried it. Try it....you'll like it too!!!
Top Review by Carol G.
Needs salt added to the mix, I had to let the meatloaf cool overnite in the fridge before serving as it would not hold together. I'd say it's an OK meatloaf, but not one of my favorites.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, with sweet onions, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- cooking spray, for pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first four ingredients until well mixed; set aside.
- Line a lipped baking sheet with foil; coat with non-stick spray.
- Form meat mixture into loaf on pan.
- Blend sugar into tomato sauce; set aside.
- Bake meatloaf in a pre-heated oven of 400 for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven pour tomato mixture over top.
- Reduce temperature to 350; bake an additional 25-30 minutes.