Recipe by stargazeramy
Yummy homemade sauce, you can easily personalize with meatballs, beef or chicken. If you like spicy add more chili flakes.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup mushroom (canned or fresh)
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes, to taste
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon basil, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oregano, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 (14 ounce) cans tomatoes, 4 large cans, diced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large pot heat oil over med-high heat, add onions, garlic and mushrooms. Fry until garlic looks light brown and onions are soft. Add basil, oregano, celery salt and chili flakes. Stir well.
- Add all tomatoes and paste. Add sugar, garlic salt and salt. Stir well, bring to a boil, cover partially(leave steam gap).
- Reduce heat to minute simmer for 4-6 hours Stirring every 15-30 minutes.
- Serve with your favourite pasta and fresh parmesan cheese.