1/2 Photos of Home Style Seasoned Mac & Cheese
Chef shapeweaver �'s Note:
I know there are several Mac & Cheese recipes already on here, and I figured one more wouldn't hurt. :) Cook time for pasta isn't including in prep or cook time. As with all my recipes, please feel free to adjust the seasonings according to you and your families tastes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups elbow macaroni
- 3 tablespoons margarine or 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/8 th. cup finely chopped sweet onion, can use same amount of green onion if desired
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2-2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard, can use prepared mustard instead
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, add more if desired
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, add more if desired
- 6 ounces shredded colby-monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- 2Over medium heat, in a medium size saucepan melt margarine and add onions.
- 3Cook onions until softened.
- 4Add flour and cook until lightly browned.
- 5Turn heat to low and add milk a little at a time, stir until desired thickness is reached. ( You might need a little more milk, it all depends on how thick you want it. ).
- 6Remove sauce from heat and add 4 1/2 ounces of cheese, a little at a time or it might turn out " STRINGY ".
- 7Add seasonings to sauce and mix well.
- 8Add cooked pasta to seasoned sauce and stir until pasta is well coated.
- 9Pour pasta/sauce into an 11 x 7 inch pan that has been prepared with cooking spray.
- 10Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and sprinkle additional paprika if desired.
- 11Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home Style Seasoned Mac & Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (125 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 294.8
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 33.8 mg
- Sodium 444.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.9 g
- Protein 12.4 g