Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Nothing fancy here - just good, old fashioned and delicious scalloped potatoes.
Make and share this Home Style Scalloped Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- In a large saucepan, sauté onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour, salt, and pepper until blended.
- Gradually add milk and bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Place half of potatoes in a greased 3 quart baking dish.
- Pour half of sauce over potatoes; repeat layers.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 60 to 70 minutes or until potatoes are tender and top is lightly browned.
- Serve immediately; makes 8 servings.
- Source: high school home economics book.
A simple recipe made with ingredients I always have on hand. I used a medium size onion cut into thin slices. After placing the potato, onion and sauce mixture in the casserole I sprinkled it with paprika, I find it browns better. This makes a large pan, great for company and leftovers are very tasty too!!
this recipe turned out great.we had it with ham when copmapny came over.aafter cooking there was a little more liquid than we expected,but it did not affect the taste.
I just love this recipe. Blending the milk and flour before adding it to the potatoes makes a big difference on how the sauce thickens. Thanks for posting!!