Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I got this recipe from a magazine, and modified it a little. It is very good, and you can even eat it warm.
- 3 lbs small red potatoes
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons bread and butter pickle juice
- 2 -3 chopped scallions
- 2 stalks celery (chopped)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1. Place the potatoes in a large pot of salted water. Bring to a boil and cook for 40 minutes. The potatoes are done when an inserted knife comes out clean.
- 2. Drain them and let cool, then dice into half-inch pieces, leaving on the skins. Toss with the onion, eggs, celery and celery seed.
- 3. In a separate bowl, blend the mayonnaise, sour cream, salt, pepper, sugar, mustard and bread and butter pickle juice. Pour over the potatoes and mix it all gently.
- 4. Garnish with chopped scallions and chopped cilantro.
- 5. Refrigerate for four hours before serving.