Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
From a Reynolds Foil newsletter.
- 1 large reynolds oven cooking bag (14-inch x20-inch)
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 (1 ounce) envelope onion soup mix
- 3 -3 1⁄2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 6 -8 small red potatoes, whole
- 1 medium onion, cut in quarters
- 1 (16 ounce) packagepeeled baby carrots
- chopped parsley (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 325°F
- SHAKE flour in Reynolds Oven Bag; place in 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- ADD water and soup mix to oven bag. Squeeze oven bag to blend in flour. Add roast to oven bag. Turn oven bag to coat roast with sauce. Place potatoes, onion and carrots in oven bag around roast.
- CLOSE oven bag with nylon tie; cut six 1/2-inch slits in top.
- BAKE 2 1/2 to 3 hours or until roast is tender. Sprinkle with parsley before serving, if desired.