1/1 Photo of Home-Style Pear Sauce
1 hr 15 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine pears, water and lemon juice in a heavy bottomed 8-quart pan.
- 2Bring to a boil, stirring often.
- 3Reduce heat, cover and simmer until soft, stirring often (about 30 minutes).
- 4Add sugar and cinnamon, bring to a boil.
- 5If too chunky put it thru a food mill.
- 6Fill prepared hot jars with hot sauce, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- 7Gently run a narrow nonmetallic spatula between sauce and jars to release air bubbles.
- 8Wipe rims clean; top with hot lids, then firmly screw on bands.
- 9Process in boiling water bath for 15 minutes for pints, 20 minutes for quarts.
- 10You may want to change the amount of sugar depending on your taste.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home-Style Pear Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (4502 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.5
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 11.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 196.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 31.7 g
- Sugars 137.7 g
- Protein 3.9 g