Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This was on the back of the Italian sausage package and it looked good. Putting it here for safe keeping. I think I will probably add some onions when I eventually make it!
- 5 Italian sausages, cooked and coin sliced
- 1 (16 ounce) package rigatoni pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large red pepper, cut into chunks and sauteed
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 (26 ounce) jarof your favorite pasta sauce
- Cook sausage per above directions. Cook the rigatoni according to the directions, keep warm.
- In a large pan lace olive oil and garlic, sauté for 30 seconds. Add peppers and cook until crisp tender.
- Combine sausage and pasta sauce with peppers and heat until warm. At this point you may mix with the pasta or serve separately. Top with fresh parsley and serve.
Good and easy. Next time I'll increase the sauce, cuz we like it saucy. Made for ZWT 4.
We thought this came out wonderfully! This was a nice change from spaghetti using jarred pasta sauce. Great, quick weeknight meal. Thanks for posting!
Simple and easy to put together. I used 4 Italian sausages and 2 jars of pasta sauce - one didn't seem like quite enough. This is very similar to a recipe I often make, "doctoring" a jar pf pasta sauce by adding onions, garlic, peppers, mushrooms, etc. Very good! Made for ZWT4.