Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I have tried every baked macaroni and cheese recipe out there and they all turn out too dry. This is the cheesiest,creamiest, recipe I've ever made. Delicious!! I used three cheese Alfredo style pasta sauce, but you can use whatever you like.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly mist an 11x7 inch(2 quart) glass or ceramic baking dish with vegetable oil cooking spray and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat.Add salt,if using,and stir in the macaroni.Reduce heat to medium-high and cook uncovered about 8 minutes.Reserve 1 cup of the pasta cooking water,then drain the macaroni well in a colander.
- Transfer the macaroni to the prepared baking dish.Add the pasta sauce,2 cups of the cheese,and the reserved pasta cooking water,and stir until ingredients are well combined.Scatter the remaining 1 cup of cheese over the top.
- In a small bowl,toss the olive oil with the bread crumbs, and then scatter on top of the cheese.
- Bake until the macaroni and cheese is bubbly and the crumbs are lightly brown,25 to 30 minutes.
Very creamy and very yummy! This may become my new mac & cheese recipe! I used a whole jar of Bertolli Alfredo Sauce, and since it was 15 ounces instead of the 10-ounces called for in the recipe, I only used 3 ounces of the pasta cooking water. Omitted the breadcrumbs altogether (personal preference) because we like the cheese to get just a little brown and crispy on top. Thanks for posting!
I have been irresponsible about reviewing this because I have probably made it 4 or 5 times now. The kids love it, it goes fast. In fact I usually dont get any at all!