Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
The best chicken soup I have ever had--by far!!
- 1 onion
- 6 carrots
- 6 celery ribs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon peppercorn
- 1 whole chicken
- 1⁄4 cup diced onion
- salt and pepper
- Add to a large stock pot 3 carrots chopped, 3 celery stalks chopped, garlic, herbs, and chicken.
- Fill the pot with water just until it covers the chicken.
- Bring water to a boil and let simmer for 45 minute or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and let cool.
- Strain veggies and discard reserving the chicken stock.
- To the stock add remaining veggies chopped, onion, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer until veggies are tender.
- Shred cooled chicken and add to pot.
- Heat through and serve.