Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
The fresh mushrooms and the onion wedges do make a delicious difference in this recipe...Fairly simple to make and with a reduced calorie count if the low-fat yogurt is used! If calories are not a problem, see my note at the end of the recipe...!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
- 2 medium onions (cut into thin wedges)
- 1 -3 clove minced garlic (to taste)
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can beef gravy
- 2⁄3 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme or 1⁄4 teaspoon sage (crushed)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- hot cooked noodles or rice
- fresh parsley
- Cook meat, mushrooms, onions and garlic in a large frying pan until meat is cooked and the onion is tender---Drain off excess fat.
- In a bowl mix gravy, yogurt, worcestershire sauce, thyme or sage and pepper.
- Add to meat mixture and simmer for at least 1-2 minutes.
- Serve over noodles or rice---Garnish with snipped parsley.
- NOTE: Sour cream may be added instead of the yogurt if the fat content of the recipe is not a problem!