Recipe by Bec
This tangy barbecue sauce is also delicious mixed with lean ground beef for grilled burgers. From "Cooking a la Heart"- Delicious Heart Healthy Recipes from the Mankato Heart Health Program, 1988. I am sure regular ketchup and Worcestershire sauce would be fine.
- 1⁄2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup reduced sodium ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, ketchup, Worcestershire, mustard, brown sugar, Tabasco, onion powder and garlic powder.
- Whisk until smooth.
- Brush on chicken or ribs during the last 20 minutes of cooking, on steaks or port chops for last 5 to 10 minutes of cooking.