Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Yum! We really liked this. Got it off of Food Network.
Make and share this Home Recipe for Waffle House Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (not drained)
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄4 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- Brown hamburger, sausage, and onion together in 6 quart saucepan.
- Add pinto beans (not drained), add can of tomato sauce and add enough water to rinse can.
- Add beef bouillon granules.
- If using bouillon cubes, dissolve in 1/4 cup water then add to the pan.
- Add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, chili powder and sugar.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
This stuff is awesome! I live in Puerto Rico, but I was addicted to Waffle House chili when I lived in Orlando. I'm very picky about my chili, and all the other recipes that I have tried have had either too much chili powder, cumin, etc. They just tasted artificial, for lack of a better word. Anyway, I had to make a few substitutions because I was out of some things here at home. I used dry pink beans (1 2/3 cups), tomato paste with two cans of water plus 1/2 cup water like the other poster suggested, and I used two frozen sausage patties. My hubby was skeptical about the sausage at first, but he loved the finished product. Thanks so much for bringing the Waffle House home to me in PR!!!
This was SUPER EASY, fast, and GOOD!! Will be made again and again- thanks!!
WOW! This put me in Chili Heaven! I had a bowl of Waffle House chili while in Orlando and kept yearning for the taste again. Luckily, I found momstar had posted it! I swapped out a can of pinto beans for chili beans, but kept everything else the same. Thank you so much!!