Recipe by momstar
Yum! We really liked this. Got it off of Food Network.
Top Review by COOKINGDISASTER
Well,it was disappointing.It smelled like Waffle House Chili but was lacking the flavor of Waffle House Chili.It was extremely bland. Possibly,adding more of the spices and less liquid and letting it cook longer would do the trick. I am going to make it again With these adjustments and see what happens.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans pinto beans (not drained)
- 1 lb lean hamburger
- 1⁄4 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 beef bouillon cubes or 2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger, sausage, and onion together in 6 quart saucepan.
- Add pinto beans (not drained), add can of tomato sauce and add enough water to rinse can.
- Add beef bouillon granules.
- If using bouillon cubes, dissolve in 1/4 cup water then add to the pan.
- Add salt, black pepper, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, chili powder and sugar.
- Blend thoroughly.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.