From The Great Big Burger Book. Be careful not to overcook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground buffalo meat
- 1 -2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 4 hamburger buns with sesame seeds
- 1Make the ketchup: in a bowl, whisk the ketchup ingredients together; let stand for an hour or so (refrigerate if not ready to use after 1-2 hours).
- 2Make the burgers: in a bowl, gently mix the buffalo meat, garlic, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper.
- 3Form mixture into 4 patties, each 3/4-inch thick.
- 4Lightly oil the grill or skillet over med-high heat; cook burgers 1 ½-2 minutes per side for medium rare or to desired degree of doneness (ground buffalo cooks faster than ground beef).
- 5Serve cooked patties on sesame seed buns; top patties with Brooklyn Ketchup.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home on the Range Buffalo Burgers With Brooklyn Ketchup
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 258.4
- Calories from Fat 31
- Total Fat 3.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.0 g
- Cholesterol 52.2 mg
- Sodium 795.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 27.6 g