Ready, Set, Cook! Hidden Valley Contest Entry. If you have ever had pierogies, you will love this recipe version. With the addition of a few other ingredients, you can turn this simple side dish item into a main dish comfort meal your family will love. If you don't have any Greek yogurt on hand, you can use sour cream instead.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 (12 ounce) box frozen mini potato & cheese pierogies
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated gruyere cheese
- 4 tablespoons finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced scallion (about 5 scallions)
- 1/2 cup Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 large egg (slightly beaten)
- 12 ounces cooked chicken breasts, cut in bite sized pieces (about 2 cups)
- 1Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 1 1/2-quart baking dish with 1 tablespoon of the butter.
- 2Following package directions, cook pierogies in boiling water for 3 to 5 minutes, or until they are heated through and float to the top. Drain and set aside.
- 3Meanwhile, combine breadcrumbs, 1/4 cup of the Gruyére cheese and 2 tablespoons of the parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Melt the remaining 3 tablespoons butter; stir into breadcrumb mixture.
- 4Set aside about 2 tablespoons of the sliced scallions. In a large bowl, whisk the remaining scallions, remaining 3/4 cup Gruyére cheese, remaining 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, the ranch dressing, yogurt and egg until well blended. Add pierogies and chicken; toss until they are coated with the mixture.
- 5Arrange pierogies/chicken mixture in baking dish; sprinkle with bread crumb mixture.
- 6Bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons scallions before serving .
Browse Our Top Weeknight Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Weeknight Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home on the Ranch Chicken and Pierogi Casserole #RSC
Serving Size: 1 (154 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.5
- Calories from Fat 415
- Total Fat 46.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 194.3 mg
- Sodium 797.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 40.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
potato & cheese pierogies