Recipe by Leta
A different kind of wings, these use a dry rub and are baked. I've had a movie night with a teen girls organization group, and the girls made these wings for snacks. It was simple, and a big hit. Originally from the movie series "Dinner and a Movie".
Top Review by diest
Basting sauce was great..maybe that alone would make this dish work.. the rub is awful..sorry it sounded good when reading the rub ingredients..would make chicken with basting sauce only next time
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the Rub ingredients (1st 7 ingredients) in a bowl.
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and cut in half at the joint, discarding the tips of the wings.
- Rub the dry spice mixture well into the wings, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic, Tabasco, lemon juice and dried herbs; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on a roasting pan or baking dish and bake 15 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the wings from the oven and baste generously with the sauce.
- Return to the oven, reduce the heat to 350 F and continue cooking about 20 minutes, or until crisp and brown.
- *Ifyou want to reduce the fat, use butter buds and/or chicken breast strips.