Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A different kind of wings, these use a dry rub and are baked. I've had a movie night with a teen girls organization group, and the girls made these wings for snacks. It was simple, and a big hit. Originally from the movie series "Dinner and a Movie".
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- 1 cup butter
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco sauce
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- Combine the Rub ingredients (1st 7 ingredients) in a bowl.
- Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and cut in half at the joint, discarding the tips of the wings.
- Rub the dry spice mixture well into the wings, cover and refrigerate.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- Add the garlic, Tabasco, lemon juice and dried herbs; simmer for 15 minutes.
- Arrange the chicken on a roasting pan or baking dish and bake 15 minutes, turning once.
- Remove the wings from the oven and baste generously with the sauce.
- Return to the oven, reduce the heat to 350 F and continue cooking about 20 minutes, or until crisp and brown.
- *Ifyou want to reduce the fat, use butter buds and/or chicken breast strips.