1 hr 5 mins
A different kind of wings, these use a dry rub and are baked. I've had a movie night with a teen girls organization group, and the girls made these wings for snacks. It was simple, and a big hit. Originally from the movie series "Dinner and a Movie".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon new mexico chili powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 dozen chicken wings
- 1Combine the Rub ingredients (1st 7 ingredients) in a bowl.
- 2Rinse the chicken wings in cold water and cut in half at the joint, discarding the tips of the wings.
- 3Rub the dry spice mixture well into the wings, cover and refrigerate.
- 4Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- 5Melt the butter in a small saucepan.
- 6Add the garlic, Tabasco, lemon juice and dried herbs; simmer for 15 minutes.
- 7Arrange the chicken on a roasting pan or baking dish and bake 15 minutes, turning once.
- 8Remove the wings from the oven and baste generously with the sauce.
- 9Return to the oven, reduce the heat to 350 F and continue cooking about 20 minutes, or until crisp and brown.
- 10*Ifyou want to reduce the fat, use butter buds and/or chicken breast strips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Home on the Free Range Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (383 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1091.9
- Calories from Fat 842
- Total Fat 93.5 g
- Saturated Fat 42.4 g
- Cholesterol 348.3 mg
- Sodium 1304.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 55.5 g