I first tried this dish at the popular Palm Beach restaurant & I’ve been trying to perfect it since. Bite into this tender pork bun reveals a sweet & soury taste, which immediately wakes up your senses. I'm sure the entire family will love it, especially the kids. This pork bun is soft, tender & juicy. You can make them for pot-luck, tea-break or anytime you don’t feel like having rice or noodles.
- Pound the pork to tenderize.
- Marinade the pork with all the seasonings for an hour. Remove them from marinade & lightly coat with flour. Keep the *marinade to make sauce.
- Heat oil & deep-fry pork to seal the juices. Remove them when ¾ cooked & place them on paper-hand towel to get rid of excessive oil. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, put the buns to steam till soft.
- Prepare wok to make sauce. Heat oil & sautéed garlic till fragrant. Pour in *marinade & adjust the flavour according to your liking. Add more vinegar if you prefer a stronger, “sour” taste. Put in pork & toss well.
- Place a slice of fillet into each bun & enjoy your Saucy Oriental Burgers!