Prep 1 hr 40 mins
Cook 30 mins
I saw the procedure on TV show 24kitchen. There were no specifications on amounts so I just assumed. It turned out well… Surprisingly well… Perfect!
- 150 g marzipan
- 200 g marzipan
- 40 g pistachio nuts (grounded)
- 1 teaspoon maraschino cherry (wild cherry brandy)
- 50 g hazelnut kernels
- 50 g sugar (white)
- 300 g chocolate
- 40 g butter
- Ground pistachio and add into 150 g marzipan and add one teaspoon of maraschino. Mix well to get green paste. Make small balls.
- Cover the green balls with 200g marzipan to make a little bigger ball.
- Melt sugar in a pan (Teflon) until brown. Roast the hazelnut. Add roasted hazelnut into still warm sugar and let it cool.
- When cooled put sugar with hazelnut into blender and make rough mixture of sugar and hazelnut.
- Now cover the marzipan balls with hazelnut/sugar mixture. If it won’t stuck, you may use some kind of hazelnut cream (I use Nutella) and then roll the balls into hazelnut/sugar.
- When done, melt chocolate (with some butter) on steam and using toothpick dip the balls into chocolate.
- Keep them in cool place, but not refrigerator.